This class is autogenerated. More detailed documentation can be found in the SDFormat spec.
- class v16.joint.Joint(parent='__default__', child='__default__', gearbox_ratio=1.0, gearbox_reference_body='__default__', thread_pitch=1.0, axis=None, axis2=None, physics=None, frame=<factory>, pose=None, sensor=<factory>, name=None, type=None)¶
A joint connects two links with kinematic and dynamic properties.
By default, the pose of a joint is expressed in the child link frame.
- parent: Name of the parent link
- child: Name of the child link
- gearbox_ratio: Parameter for gearbox joints. Given theta_1 and
theta_2 defined in description for gearbox_reference_body, theta_2 = -gearbox_ratio * theta_1.
- gearbox_reference_body: Parameter for gearbox joints. Gearbox ratio
is enforced over two joint angles. First joint angle (theta_1) is the angle from the gearbox_reference_body to the parent link in the direction of the axis element and the second joint angle (theta_2) is the angle from the gearbox_reference_body to the child link in the direction of the axis2 element.
- thread_pitch: Parameter for screw joints.
- axis: Parameters related to the axis of rotation for revolute
joints, the axis of translation for prismatic joints.
- axis2: Parameters related to the second axis of rotation for
revolute2 joints and universal joints.
- physics: Parameters that are specific to a certain physics engine.
- frame: A frame of reference to which a pose is relative.
- pose: A position(x,y,z) and orientation(roll, pitch yaw) with
respect to the specified frame.
- sensor: The sensor tag describes the type and properties of a
- name: A unique name for the joint within the scope of the model.
- type: The type of joint, which must be one of the following:
(continuous) a hinge joint that rotates on a single axis with a continuous range of motion, (revolute) a hinge joint that rotates on a single axis with a fixed range of motion, (gearbox) geared revolute joints, (revolute2) same as two revolute joints connected in series, (prismatic) a sliding joint that slides along an axis with a limited range specified by upper and lower limits, (ball) a ball and socket joint, (screw) a single degree of freedom joint with coupled sliding and rotational motion, (universal) like a ball joint, but constrains one degree of freedom, (fixed) a joint with zero degrees of freedom that rigidly connects two links.
Note that only complex elements are listed here. Elements that resolve to simple types (int, str, bool) are inlined.
Parameters related to the axis of rotation for revolute joints, the axis of translation for prismatic joints.
Parameters related to the second axis of rotation for revolute2 joints and universal joints.
A frame of reference to which a pose is relative.
Parameters that are specific to a certain physics engine.