This class is autogenerated. More detailed documentation can be found in the SDFormat spec.
- class v18.model.Model(static=False, self_collide=False, allow_auto_disable=True, include=<factory>, model=<factory>, enable_wind=False, frame=<factory>, pose=None, link=<factory>, joint=<factory>, plugin=<factory>, gripper=<factory>, name=None, canonical_link=None, placement_frame=None)¶
The model element defines a complete robot or any other physical object.
- static: If set to true, the model is immovable. Otherwise the model
is simulated in the dynamics engine.
- self_collide: If set to true, all links in the model will collide
with each other (except those connected by a joint). Can be overridden by the link or collision element self_collide property. Two links within a model will collide if link1.self_collide OR link2.self_collide. Links connected by a joint will never collide.
- allow_auto_disable: Allows a model to auto-disable, which is means
the physics engine can skip updating the model when the model is at rest. This parameter is only used by models with no joints.
- include: Include resources from a URI. This can be used to nest
models. The included resource can only contain one ‘model’ element. The URI can point to a directory or a file. If the URI is a directory, it must conform to the model database structure (see /tutorials?tut=composition&cat=specification&#defining- models-in-separate-files).
- model: A nested model element
- enable_wind: If set to true, all links in the model will be affected
by the wind. Can be overriden by the link wind property.
- frame: A frame of reference in which poses may be expressed.
- pose: A position (x,y,z) and orientation (roll, pitch yaw) with
respect to the frame named in the relative_to attribute.
- link: A physical link with inertia, collision, and visual
properties. A link must be a child of a model, and any number of links may exist in a model.
- joint: A joint connects two links with kinematic and dynamic
properties. By default, the pose of a joint is expressed in the child link frame.
- plugin: A plugin is a dynamically loaded chunk of code. It can exist
as a child of world, model, and sensor.
- name: The name of the model and its implicit frame. This name must
be unique among all elements defining frames within the same scope, i.e., it must not match another //model, //frame, //joint, or //link within the same scope.
- canonical_link: The name of the model’s canonical link, to which the
model’s implicit coordinate frame is attached. If unset or set to an empty string, the first link element listed as a child of this model is chosen as the canonical link.
- placement_frame: The frame inside this model whose pose will be set
by the pose element of the model. i.e, the pose element specifies the pose of this frame instead of the model frame.
Note that only complex elements are listed here. Elements that resolve to simple types (int, str, bool) are inlined.
A frame of reference in which poses may be expressed.
Include resources from a URI.
A plugin is a dynamically loaded chunk of code.